Web Infrastructure Architect
The Web Infrastructure Architect is a technical thought leader that executes in both a hands-on technical capacity on operations projects, as well as in an advisory capacity to engineers and leadership with regards to best practices surrounding solutions architecture, data center operations, and systems and network management in support of both internal services, and our flagship product, which serves over 120,000 customers.
AWeber utilizes agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban, and is dedicated to a Kaizen culture of continuous improvement in our products, processes, and our team. We're committed to an open source stack, and contribute to various open source projects. AWeber Engineering, including operations staff, believe in processes that improve the quality of our service, such as test driven development, and test driven infrastructure. We're passionate about our customers, our team, our culture, and our craft. We invite others who share these passions to apply.
- 7+ years working in hands-on technical roles, at least 2 recent years in web-based environments.
- 2+ years experience working on a team accountable for infrastructure/platform operations and security.
- Significant production systems and infrastructure services management experience in a Linux environment.
- Buy vs. build analysis experience.
- Significant experience with various mail server products, mail routing architectures, and email standards.
- Significant capacity planning experience in web-based environments, for virtualized and non-virtualized deployments.
- Significant development experience in python, ruby, perl, php, go or other high level language.
- Disaster recovery design and implementation in a multi-datacenter environment.
- Experience with geographically distributed services, CDNs, and multi-layer caching.
- Production database management experience, postgresql and mysql preferred.
- Metrics collection and reporting experience (graphite, logstash), and a borderline-unhealthy obsession w/ metrics.
- Experience with at least one of AWS, RackSpace, Heroku, AppEngine or other PaaS services.
- Experience with production incident response management.
- Production experience with a NoSQL database (mongoDB, redis, riak, cassandra, or other).
- Four year Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
We develop and manage email marketing and newsletter software for over 120,000 small businesses, bloggers, nonprofits, and other customers around the world.
We're in Chalfont, PA, nestled in the heart of scenic Bucks County, in the suburbs of Philadelphia. While this position may require occasional travel, the majority of your time will be spent working on-site with AWesome people in our state-of-the-art headquarters. So you'll need to be located in the Philadelphia area or willing to relocate here.
- 100% Company Paid PPO medical, dental, vision, insurance. (including domestic partner benefits).
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fully Reimbursed Gym Memberships.
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Paid holidays.
- 401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
- Free lunches every day.
- Break rooms stocked with soda, juices, coffee and teas.
- MacBook Pro laptops and 30" monitors.
- Multiple high definition theater rooms fully equipped with Xbox, Wii & Blu-Ray players.
- A game room with competition billiard, foosball, and ping-pong tables.
Life at AWeber
AWeber employs some AWesome people. Inspiring thinkers, passionate creators - everyone brings something to the table. And you have the AWesome chance to learn from and collaborate with these cool minds. Whether it's marketing, design or engineering, every interaction gives the opportunity to nurture your skills.
We love independent spirits and innovative ideas. AWeber thrives on contributions from everyone, at every level, in every department. Want your efforts to really count? We'll let you take your ideas and run with them. Everyone here is an integral part of AWeber's growth.
We're not just built for collaboration, but also for fun! Ride the slide to the cafeteria for lunch prepared by our 3 in-house chefs. Catch up on shows in our state-of-the-art movie theaters. Or embrace your competitive side with ping pong or a rack of pool. When it's time to get back to work, roll your desk where you need it to go to work more closely with your team members.